Home » Apply For Housing
Leasing Process for University Columns and University Place
*There is no lease for Varnado Hall. It is utilized as overflow housing.
1. Apply Early - beds fill quickly! Download a Lease Packet. Read carefully and complete the Lease Packet in its entirety. There are seven parts to the Lease Packet - the Lease Contract, Community Lease Addendum, Community Policies, Lease Guaranty Agreement, Roommate Preference Questionnaire, Meal Plan, and the Missing Student Notification Policy/Form. Complete a Lease Packet for the community in which you prefer to live - University Columns or University Place.
2. If you complete a University Columns Lease, please enclose a check or money order payable to "University Columns" in the amount of $175.00, ($75.00 lease processing fee and $100.00 security deposit). Your lease will not be processed until the $175.00 fee is paid. *Make sure to indicate student's name on check or money order.
3. If you complete a University Place Lease, please enclose a check or money order payable to "Provident Group" in the amount of $175.00, ($75.00 lease processing fee and $100.00 security deposit). Your lease will not be processed until the $175.00 fee is paid.*Make sure to indicate student's name on check or money order.
4. Mail the completed Lease Packet, $175 check and copy of your guarantor's driver's license to Campus Living Villages, NSU Box 4187, Natchitoches, LA 71497. *Incomplete Lease Packets will be returned.
5. Campus Living Villages will contact you electronically via the email address provided on the lease within 10 business days notifying you that your Lease Packet and money were received.
6. In mid to late June, all provisionally and fully admitted students will be sent an electronic confirmation letter via the email address provided on the lease notifying you a bed space is being held in your name.
7. On approximately July 15th, Campus Living Villages will send electronic Assignment Letters to the email address provided on the lease indicating your room assignment and contact information for your assigned roommates.
*Apply early. Beds fill quickly!
*Incomplete Lease Packets will not be processed and will be returned.
*Make sure to indicate student's name on check or money order.
*On-campus housing is not guaranteed, but the goal of Northwestern State University and Campus Living Villages is to provide housing for all who want to live on campus.
*Students who apply late in the leasing process may have to wait longer for their room assignment or may not receive a room assignment at all.
*There is no lease for Varnado Hall. Students will be placed in Varnado Hall once all beds in University Columns and University Place are full.
*Students requesting each other as roomates should submit Lease Packets early in the process and at the same time to increase their chances of being able to live together. Though Campus Living Villages will do all that it can to honor roomate requests, there is no guarantee that you will be matched with your preferred roomate.