Webex is a video conferencing system that is available for all faculty and students to use. It allows you to speak to students or distant colleagues in real time and can be utilized for a variety of different kinds of meetings. On this page, you will find tutorials to help you get started. If you would like to see a live presentation of this material, we routinely offer Webex Training Center and Webex Personal Room sessions via Webex. See the ECE Professional Development Schedule for current offerings.
Access your Webex account for the first time by going to the Webex page, clicking “Sign In” and entering your NSU email address. Your account will be automatically created. To log in to Webex, you will use the same username and password that you use to log in to your computer and other NSU systems. If you have any issues with that process, you can email ECE at email@example.com.
At minimum, ensure that you have a working microphone. If you want to be able to utilize video, you will need a webcam.
Here is a list of resources to help you get started with Webex. First, decide which type of session is best for your needs.
- Training Center is used for large group/whole-class meetings to ensure that you have full control over when others speak and share.
Webex Training Center Support Page
To Schedule a Training Session: Video | PDF
- Personal Room is great for smaller meetings, impromptu meetings, and online office hours.
Webex Personal Room Support Page
To host a Personal Room session: PDF
To join a Personal Room session: PDF
- Meeting Center looks and works just like Personal Room sessions but gives you the option of scheduling in advance.
Webex Meeting Center Support Page
- You can record meetings and attendance information in Webex to accessed at a later date.
Webex TECHNICAL SUPPORT
- Welcome and Sharing PowerPoint Slide Templates
You may use the above PowerPoint slides within Webex conferences to help with giving instructions to your attendees. The Welcome slide walks users through the process of connection and testing audio in a Training Session. The Sharing slide shows how to open the participants and chat windows while the host is sharing content in a meeting or training session.