Doctor of Nursing Practice
The Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program at Northwestern State University provides a clinical doctorate for registered nurses who desire to practice at the highest level and significantly impact health care outcomes for vulnerable populations. Graduates of this DNP program have the potential to transform health care by utilizing advanced clinical skills, translating evidence into practice, implementing systems changes, establishing standards and policies, and acting as organizational leaders. Currently there are two concentrations within the DNP degree at NSU:
- Organizational Systems Leadership (OSL)
- Nurse Anesthesia (NA)
The DNP OSL track is a post-master’s doctoral degree curriculum delivered in an asynchronous format and is completed 100% online.
The DNP NA track is an entry-level doctoral degree curriculum delivered in a hybrid format.
- Northwestern State University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACSCOC).
- The Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree program at Northwestern State University is fully approved by the Louisiana State Board of Nursing.
- The Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree program at Northwestern State University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.
- The Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree, nurse anesthesia role (Nurse Anesthesia Program) at Northwestern State University of Louisiana is fully accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs (COA) (http://coacrna.org, 222 South Prospect Avenue, Park Ridge, Illinois 60068-4001, and can be reached at 847-655-1160), a specialized accrediting body recognized by the Council on Recognition of Postsecondary Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education. The Nurse Anesthesia program received full accreditation in May 2021 with the next accreditation review in 2026.
For more information: https://nursing.nsula.edu/nursing-programs/