Office hours will be conducted Face-to-Face, and virtually through WebEx, Teams, email or via telephone.
Academic Advising will be Face-to-Face, and virtually through WebEx, Teams, and email. Advisors and students will utilize the ‘Notes’ feature on Degree Works to indicate what the academic advising session findings were.
The majority of our classes offered will be Face-to-Face. There may be some classes offered synchronous online, and asynchronous online.
Masks are encouraged indoors for at-risk individuals. Clear protective barriers will be placed on podiums in classrooms or will be portable for protection. Some professors may wear a clear shield over their face.
Please sanitize your hands before and after using the computer lab. Sanitizer stations have been placed throughout buildings on campus.
Labs at NSU’s Nursing Education Center in Shreveport (Room 105 and Room 112) are open from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 8 a.m.-noon Friday. Contact Jennifer Long at (318) 357-6482 for software/information regarding Microsoft Office, Nursing CAI, internet and laser printing. The labs are restricted to those with a myNSU account and PaperCut Allotment.
The computer lab at the Leesville/Fort Polk Campus (Building 550 Room 125) is open from 7:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 8 a.m.-noon Friday. Contact Martha Koury at (337) 392-3166 for software/information regarding Microsoft Office, internet and laser printing. The lab is restricted to those with a myNSU account and Papercut Allotment.
The computer lab at NSU’s Cenla campus at England Airpark (Conference Room) in Alexandria is open from 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 8 a.m.-11:30 a.m. Friday. Contact Jason Parks at (318) 484-2184 for software/information regarding Microsoft Office, internet and laser printing. The lab is restricted to those with a myNSU account and PaperCut Allotment.
All hours and other information are updated on the library’s mainpage: https://library.nsula.edu. Hours differ during finals, intersessions, and summer terms.
Watson Library, Natchitoches
Regular semester hours:
7:30 a.m.-10 p.m. Monday-Thursday
7:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Friday
2-10 p.m. Sunday
Although mask and social distance requirements have been lifted (except in the elevators), it is recommended that care still be practiced by those not vaccinated against COVID-19.
- No food or drink, except water in covered containers, is allowed in the building except in the coffee shop.
- Library materials used by researchers inside the building must be left at designated locations for quarantine.
- Instructors may use the KIC scanner near the circulation desk to scan sections from items on reserve and save the scans on a USB drive to place in a Moodle shell.
For more about using the library, consult LibGuides (libguides.nsula.edu) or a librarian.
Refer to the library’s mainpage for contact information, electronic resources, and links.
Cammie G. Henry Research Center, Watson Library
Regular semester hours:
8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Thursday
8 a.m.-noon on Friday.
It is highly recommended that researchers make an appointment.
To make an appointment call (318) 357-4585 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NSU Leesville Library
Regular semester hours :
8 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday
8 a.m.-noon Friday
Closed Saturday and Sunday.
- Social distancing is observed.
- Group study rooms are available.
- Snacks and drinks are allowed in the library.
- Self-serve scanning is available for reserve materials.
NSU Shreveport Library Guidelines (College of Nursing & Allied Health)
CONSAH Library Hours
Monday – Thursday: 7:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
- Consultations Via WebEx or by appointment
- Contact Sherri Voebel at email@example.com or Sandra Ruftyruftys@nsula.edu to schedule library instruction.
- Contact Ashley Briggs firstname.lastname@example.org or Sherri Voebel email@example.com about available student tutors (this changes each semester)
- Register for an onsite proctored exam https://nursing.nsula.edu/proctor/ (students)
- Send examination information or password: firstname.lastname@example.org (faculty or instructors)
- Check in with the atrium Security Desk and obtain a temporary parking pass and visitor badge before testing; Parking tickets are issued if you do not have a parking sticker.
- Bring photo ID to sit for an exam: Louisiana Drivers License or NSU Student ID are acceptable ID’s.
- Sanitize hands before using computers and wear a mask during the duration of an exam; Computers are sanitized between testers
- Practice social distancing (6 feet apart); Masks must be worn in group study rooms by all students where a 6 foot distance cannot be maintained.
- Group study rooms are available to all students on a first-come basis.
- Never leave personal items unattended in group study rooms.
- Disinfectant spray and towels are supplied in each group study room.
- Follow stairway directional signage (up or down); Elevator use is restricted to 1 person at a time.
- Drinks are allowed in covered containers in study rooms; No drink is allowed near computers or scanners.
- Place library materials that you use in-house on the quarantine cart after use; A four day quarantine is maintained for your safety.
- KIC Scanners require a USB flash drive. Library employees can assist with scanning an article, a chapter or a few pages of a theses, PILT or DNP Special Project. Theses do not leave the library.
- Chair locations are fixed; No furniture may be moved from their locations.
At-risk individuals are encouraged to wear masks in the Academic Success Center.
The ASC adheres to the library’s food and drink policy.
Tutoring sessions will be held online and in person.
Papers may be submitted for editing via email to email@example.com. Please allow up to four days to receive suggested edits.
Study rooms are available on a “first-come, first-serve” basis. Disinfectant spray will be available in each study room for student use. Additional quiet study space is open on Watson Library’s second floor.
Tables in the Academic Success Center will be wiped down each day.
Computers will be available for student use in the Academic Success Center.
The tutoring schedule will be in place by the third week of the semester. Students may request online and face-to-face tutoring beginning the second week of the semester.
The Academic Success Center will be open from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 8 a.m.- 2 p.m.on Friday. Virtual and face-to-face tutoring sessions may be scheduled outside of regular operating hours, depending on tutor availability. Tutors will be available as their class, and personal schedules allow.
NSU students can schedule tutoring appointments using the ASC Bookings link HERE.
NSU students may also request tutoring by completing and submitting the form at this link. https://www.nsula.edu/academic-success-center/request-tutoring/.
Main Campus – Monday-Thursday 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and Friday 8:00 a.m. – noon
Proctors: Star Hamous (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Melissa Turlington (email@example.com)
Barksdale – Proctoring will not be available until mid-September.
Shreveport Accuplacer/Nursing proctoring – Monday through Thursday 8:30a.m. to 4:00p.m. and Friday 8:30 a.m. – noon.
Proctors: Ashley Briggs (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Kimberly Stringer (email@example.com)
Shreveport General Ed Proctoring – Monday – Thursday 8:00 AM – 5:30 PM and Friday 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Proctor: Sandra Rufty (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Kimberly Boston (email@example.com)
To register for a proctor: https://nursing.nsula.edu/proctor/