Living and Learning during COVID-19

The health and welfare of Northwestern State University faculty, staff, students,
campus partners and visitors remain our highest priority.

Vaccine 2022-06-23T13:11:39+00:00

COVID-19 Vaccine

Questions can be emailed to

Natchitoches Regional Medical Center continues to distribute vaccines at the NRMC Walk in Clinic. Call 318-238-5300 to schedule an appointment.

Students can get a COVID test by making an appointment with NSU Health Services, which is open from 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday and from 7:30 a.m.-noon Friday. Vaccines are available only on scheduled days.  Testing is available every day. Face coverings are required for all visits.  It is recommended that students make an appointment with Health Services in effort to avoid increased number of students in waiting area and come alone for the appointment. No friends will be allowed to wait in the waiting area. Appointments can be scheduled at by clicking on the Natchitoches Campus tab.

Vaccination helps prevent infection and provides highly effective protection against severe disease.  To ensure the safety of the university community, unvaccinated faculty and staff are subject to weekly testing in accordance with university human resources protocols.

Proof of COVID Vaccination

Proof of COVID Vaccination – The Louisiana Department of Health approved the addition of COVID-19 to the required immunization schedule at all nine members of the University of Louisiana System, including Northwestern State University.

As students register for future classes, they must provide proof of vaccination for COVID-19 or request for an exemption/waiver (page 2 of immunization form).

UNDERGRADUATES:  Students can provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination by sending a picture of their vaccination card, shot record, or vaccination exemption/waiver to  A link to the immunization compliance form can be found under Admission.


GRADUATE SCHOOL STUDENTS:  Students attending Graduate School can submit their proof of vaccination or vaccination exemption/waiver to  A link to the immunization compliance form can be found under Graduate School Forms: