For face to face tutoring:
- Bring your course materials: textbook, notes, calculator.
- Review your notes and know what questions you need to ask.
- Complete your readings and work to the best of your ability.
- If you are in need of writing assistance, bring your rough draft with you in print or electronic format.
Please note that you can email your rough draft to the Academic Success Center for the tutor to review in advance.
For ONLINE tutoring:
For the best learning experience, a microphone, speakers, and webcam is ideal. However the session can be done when the student only has speakers though your interaction will be limited to written chatting.
- Tutors work in 50 minute sessions and must take breaks also.
- Tutors are not your professor and do not take their place; visit your professor to catch up on lecture materials.
- We will help you find a tutor on campus via one of the other departmental labs if we cannot assist you.
To request tutoring, click here.