College life, where the road to your future is paved with learning, self-discovery, laughter and friendship. It’s a journey filled with excitement, energy, and enthusiasm. It’s where memories are made, and friendships are developed that last a lifetime and it all begins at home.
When you live on campus the opportunities are endless!
On-campus residential accommodations at Northwestern State University are comprised of three communities (villages), University Columns, University Place and Varnado Hall Residential College for Creative and Performing Arts.
Properties are managed by the University’s housing partner, Campus Living Villages.
Housing for Fall 2020
On-campus availability for Fall 2020 is limited. Please complete the “Housing Questionnaire” to the right, so that we can best assist you. Someone from our office will contact you.
Fall 2020 Move In
We are so excited that we will be returning to campus at NSU and that YOU will be joining us! Move In Day is quickly approaching and the entire NSU and University Housing teams are preparing for your arrival on campus in the Fall. As we prepare for your arrival, we need your help to ensure an efficient move in process, as we are so excited to welcome you back on campus soon!
Move In will occur between Monday, August 10th and Sunday, August 16th. Below you will find the available check in dates and times for your arrival on campus. Take some time and signup for one of the available times. Due to the current COVID-19 phase, no more than 1 resident can check into a bedroom during any of the available check in times. Our A & C bedrooms will check in between 8am – Noon and our B & D bedrooms will check in between 1pm – 5pm.
Bedrooms A & C
Monday, August 10: 8:00am – Noon – https://www.eventbrite.com/e/114192890008
Tuesday, August 11: 8:00am – Noon – https://www.eventbrite.com/e/114194990290
Wednesday, August 12: 8:00am – Noon – https://www.eventbrite.com/e/114195618168
Thursday, August 13: 8:00am – Noon – https://www.eventbrite.com/e/114196577036
Friday, August 14: 8:00am – Noon – https://www.eventbrite.com/e/114196813744
Saturday, August 15: 8:00am – Noon – https://www.eventbrite.com/e/114196895990
Sunday, August 16: 8:00am – Noon – https://www.eventbrite.com/e/114197102608
Bedrooms B & D
Monday, August 10: 1:00pm – 5:00pm – https://www.eventbrite.com/e/114194661306
Tuesday, August 11: 1:00pm – 5:00pm – https://www.eventbrite.com/e/114195407538
Wednesday, August 12: 1:00pm – 5:00pm – https://www.eventbrite.com/e/114195955176
Thursday, August 13: 1:00pm – 5:00pm – https://www.eventbrite.com/e/114196649252
Friday, August 14: 1:00pm – 5:00pm – https://www.eventbrite.com/e/114196853864
Saturday, August 15: 1:00pm – 5:00pm – https://www.eventbrite.com/e/114197008326
Sunday, August 16: 1:00pm – 5:00pm – https://www.eventbrite.com/e/114197206920
*Check in times will be limited to a certain number of participants to maintain proper social distancing and in accordance with current mandates. If the check in time you requested is not still available, please choose another time. Click on the desired check in time below and you will be redirected to a separate platform to complete registration. Please print out and bring the “ticket” for the check in event with you to move in to complete your check in process.
Move In Day Protocols:
- Students will be allowed to bring two family members to assist them with moving in. Wrist bands will be given to students and their two family members and only those with a wrist band will be allowed into the community.
- Masks must be worn during move-in.
- To promote social distancing, one student at a time will move in to an apartment. Family members will be expected to leave at the end of the assigned time slot so that the next student and their family can move-in.
- Only two people at a time will be allowed in an elevator unless they are members of the same family.
- There will be designated entrances and exits to all buildings. Directional signage will be used throughout each building.
- Stairwells will be designated for up and down traffic.
For all other Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and all other questions about COVID-19 procedures, visit https://www.nsula.edu/return-to-campus/faq/.
Emails to be on the lookout for…
- Week of July 27th: Roommate contact and “Move In tips” email
- Week of July 30th: Move In Packet with important move in documents and info
- Week of August 3rd: Check In forms (Move In forms, Unit Condition Report, Renter’s Insurance brochure, etc…)
- Signed your lease and chosen your roommate(s)
- Contacted your future roommate(s)
- Secured your check in time by registering for one of the available times above
- Completed the “Resident Declaration Form” (will be sent via email the week of August 3rd)
- Completed the “Move In Form” (will be sent via email the week of August 3rd)
- Visited the “NSU Return to Campus” website located at https://www.nsula.edu/return-to-campus/faq/ and reviewed important information for the safe return to campus
- Secure your mask/facial covering for check in and classes on campus!
- Move In!
NSU Box 4187
Natchitoches La, 71497
NSU Living – Learning Communities (LLCs) are great places to begin and continue your college career! The LLCs are located in residence halls where students request to live near each other. They share a particular interest in academics, social and cultural issues and activities.
Benefits of Living-Learning Communities:
- Involvement with students who have similar academic goals
- Common place of residence
- Career exploration
- Introduction to university resources
- Peer mentoring and/or tutoring in the residence hall
- Faculty mentoring and involvement
- Leadership development
- Special programs to acquaint students with campus life
- More collaborative learning environment
Living-Learning Community Options:
- Louisiana Scholars’ College
- Creative and Performing Arts (CAPA)
- Presidential Leadership Program
- Student Ambassadors
2 Bedroom – $150 – Non-refundable application fee, due at time of application.
$100 Reservation Fee – will be placed on your NSU Account
4 Bedroom – $150 – Non-refundable application fee, due at time of application.
Shared Efficiency – $150 – Non-refundable application fee, due at time of application.
Private – $150 – Non-refundable application fee, due at time of application.
$100 Reservation Fee – will be placed on your NSU Account
Shared – $150 – Non-refundable application fee, due at time of application.
Double – $150 – Non-refundable application fee, due at time of application.
2020—2021 Semester Housing Rates*
|Room Type||Term||20-21 Rate|
|University Place Private||Academic Semester||$3,551.00|
|University Place Shared||Academic Semester||$2,702.00|
|Varnado Hall Shared||Academic Semester||$3,060.00|
|University Columns 4 Bed||Academic Semester||$2,982.00|
|University Columns 2 Bed||Academic Semester||$3,946.00|
|University Columns Shared Efficiency||Academic Semester||$3,000.00|