Housing Applications for Fall 2020-2021 are now available. Prospective residents are required to submit a $150 non-refundable Application Fee, due at the time of application. Once your application and payment are submitted, you will receive notification from our Housing Office along with additional information on the housing process. Please allow for 8-10 business days for University Housing to process the application once it is received. Confirmation e-mails for Fall 2020/2021 housing are going out daily and if you have not received your e-mail, please contact our office via email at email@example.com, or via phone at 318-214-5400. There may be a high volume of calls, please be patient. We look forward to having you as part of our community in the fall.
When you live on campus the opportunities are endless!
On-campus residential accommodations at Northwestern State University are comprised of three communities (villages), University Columns, University Place and Varnado Hall Residential College for Creative and Performing Arts.
Properties are managed by the University’s housing partner, Campus Living Villages.
Students who live on campus perform better academically and are more likely to progress towards graduation.
Please take a moment and click on each of our residential communities below to view floor plans and amenities, so that you can determine which one of our “villages” best fits your housing needs.
There are also helpful links on this page about housing requirements, FAQs, and What to Bring. Please visit these links and if you still have questions, please contact us.
Spring 2020 Housing
As the spring semester approaches, we are so excited you have chosen NSU and even more excited you have chosen to stay on campus. We have a few tips, tricks and reminders for you to apply to live on campus. For those students who are needing on-campus housing for Spring 2020:
- Complete the Spring 2020 Housing Application by clicking here.
- Before completing the application, here are few things to be aware of:
- You must be admitted to the university
- Current students must be eligible to enroll in classes for the spring 2020 semester and have no outstanding account balances or holds
- You must know your Campus Wide ID (CWID), located on the top of your acceptance letter. If you are unable to locate your CWID or do not know it, please contact University Recruiting at 318-357-4503.
- Once your application is submitted, our office will communicate via email that your application has been received.
- Once we assign you a bed, we will notify you via email and provide you with instructions on how to sign your lease in the online leasing portal.
- Move in for the spring is January 11th, 2020, from 10:00am – 3:00pm. You will check in at the clubhouse for the residential community for which you are assigned. At the time of check-in you must pay the $150 non-refundable application fee. The application fee can be paid by money order and cashier’s check only.
Fall 2020 Housing
Housing Applications to reside on campus for Fall 2020 will go live on January 8th, 2020, at 9:00am. Find below a few reminders and what you need to know when applying for housing:
- You must be admitted to the university at least 24 hours before applying
- Know your Campus Wide ID (CWID) located on the top of your acceptance letter. If you are unable to locate your CWID or do not know it, please contact University Recruiting at 318-357-4503. You may also use your Social Security Number (SSN) to access the portal.
- Be prepared to pay a non-refundable $150 application fee via credit/debit card on the application portal. Please note that applications are not able to be considered or processed until the application fee is received.
- Review the floor plans and videos posted on the website to become familiar with the accommodations and unit types that we offer and determine what fits your needs and so that you are prepared to rank your preferences.
- Be prepared to indicate any reasonable accommodations or ADA needs that you may have.
- Identify any special groups that you may be a member of including athletic teams, band, Ambassadors, President’s Leadership Program, Louisiana Scholars’ College, etc.
- Know any demographic information such as address, phone numbers and emergency contacts.
Once you apply:
- We will send you an email confirming we received your application.
- We will do our best to place you in your preferred room type, but please know that assignments are made based on availability at time of application.
- On February 3rd, 2020, we will begin the housing assignment process. You will receive an email with your assignment details and on how to complete your lease. If you apply after February 3rd, please allow for 2 weeks for your application to be processed and to receive communication from our office.
Important Housing Reminders
- Applications are not processed or considered until the application fee is received.
- Emails sent before move in will be sent to the email that you listed on your housing application, so please remember to check them regularly.
- Leases for on-campus housing options are academic leases and the lease term is from August 2020-May 2021.
- Once the lease is signed and room reserved, please note that you are held to the lease termination clause outlined in the lease that will be emailed to you at the time of signing.
NSU Box 4187
Natchitoches La, 71497
NSU Living – Learning Communities (LLCs) are great places to begin and continue your college career! The LLCs are located in residence halls where students request to live near each other. They share a particular interest in academics, social and cultural issues and activities.
Benefits of Living-Learning Communities:
- Involvement with students who have similar academic goals
- Common place of residence
- Career exploration
- Introduction to university resources
- Peer mentoring and/or tutoring in the residence hall
- Faculty mentoring and involvement
- Leadership development
- Special programs to acquaint students with campus life
- More collaborative learning environment
Living-Learning Community Options:
- Louisiana Scholars’ College
- Creative and Performing Arts (CAPA)
- Presidential Leadership Program
- Student Ambassadors
2 Bedroom – $150 – Non-refundable application fee, due at time of application.
$100 Reservation Fee – will be placed on your NSU Account
4 Bedroom – $150 – Non-refundable application fee, due at time of application.
Shared Efficiency – $150 – Non-refundable application fee, due at time of application.
Private – $150 – Non-refundable application fee, due at time of application.
$100 Reservation Fee – will be placed on your NSU Account
Shared – $150 – Non-refundable application fee, due at time of application.
Double – $150 – Non-refundable application fee, due at time of application.
2020—2021 Semester Housing Rates*
|Room Type||Term||20-21 Rate|
|University Place Private||Academic Semester||$3,551.00|
|University Place Shared||Academic Semester||$2,702.00|
|Varnado Hall Shared||Academic Semester||$3,060.00|
|University Columns 4 Bed||Academic Semester||$2,982.00|
|University Columns 2 Bed||Academic Semester||$3,946.00|
|University Columns Shared Efficiency||Academic Semester||$3,000.00|