Academic Advising at NSU is regarded as an extension of the teaching function and is an important responsibility of our faculty. Our professional team of advisors works closely with departmental faculty advisors and academic departments to help NSU students achieve their academic and professional goals.
Academic Advising Services is responsible for the following advising services and programs:
- Exploratory (undecided) students
- Visiting non-degree-seeking students
- Associate of General Studies (AGS)
- Bachelor of General Studies (BGS)
- Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) – Natchitoches campus, pre-clinical students
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) – Natchitoches campus, pre-clinical students
- University Studies 1000 – The University Experience. This required support course is delivered to approximately 1,400 entering freshmen each academic year (traditional and online delivery).
Academic Advising Services
Suite 112, Watson Memorial Library