NATCHITOCHES – Northwestern State University’s culinary arts and hospitality management and tourism students are bringing back the Columns Café and will feature a Parisian style shrimp dinner Thursday, Sept. 30.
The dine-in menu will feature the following
- Appetizer – Salmon rose with domestic caviar, deviled eggs and potato pancakes
- Soup du four – French onion soup
- Salad – Fresh green bean and melon
- Entrée – Parisian style shrimp – Fresh Gulf shrimp sautéed with butter, white wine, fresh herbs, roasted tomatoes and roasted garlic. Topped with fresh goat cheese with toasted French bread
- Dessert – Warm yeast doughnuts, mixed berry compote, vanilla crème Anglaise, almondtuile
- Bread & butter – Sourdough with herbed butter
Dine-in meals will be served beginning at 6 p.m. in Room 225 of the HMT Building (FACS Building #44). The cost is $45. To pre-purchase tickets, visit https://www.eventbrite.com/e/nsu-culinary-arts-parisian-style-shrimp-tickets-169639260595
The Sept. 30 meal will be sponsored by Louisiana Seafood, who will provide fresh Louisiana shrimp for the featured entrée.
The Columns Café is a hands-on outreach of the hospitality management and tourism program that debuted in 2018 that serves lunches and dinners on select dates. The Café is located in Room 225 of the Family and Consumer Sciences Building. Guests must purchase tickets in advance and seating is directed so that all seats are filled.
The Columns Café is student-run with seasonal, locally sourced meals prepared in the culinary arts lab and served by students. The Café provides students with experiential learning in the logistics and teamwork required to plan, prepare and serve a formal dinner. All proceeds go towards support of HMT students and academic programming.
For more information, contact Landon Amberg at AMBERGL@nsula.edu or (318) 357-5072.