- BUAD1800 – Microsoft Office Specialist in Word
- CIS 1060 – IC3 Living Online
- CIS 2000 – Microsoft Office Specialist in Excel
- CIS 2050 – CompTia A+ or Proctored TestOut PC Pro
- CIS 3400 – CompTia Net+ or Proctored TestOut Network Pro
- CIS 3980 – CompTia Security+ or Proctored TestOut Security Pro or CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional)
- CIS 4220 – Cisco CCENT or Cisco CCNA
NOTE: While a student may be awarded credit for the above classes, he or she must still complete at least 50% of his or her School of Business classes at Northwestern State University. If awarded “CR” for these classes, they will not count towards that 50%.
To contact the Coordinator of Computer Information Systems, please e-mail email@example.com, call 318-357-5033, or visit Russell Hall 114E.
For information on testing for certifications, please visit Current CIS Students, and click on the “Certification Testing” tab.
As a Cisco Network academy, we offer courses directly aimed at the Cisco CCNA certification. Students take courses in networking and hardware aimed at passing this industry standard. A lab is provided that allows students hands on experience with routers and switches, as well as software for online students in a virtual lab. A testing center on campus can administer the CCNA exam.