- BUAD1800 – Microsoft Office Specialist in Word
- CIS 1060 – IC3 Living Online
- CIS 2000 – Microsoft Office Specialist in Excel
- CIS 2050 – CompTIA A+
- CIS 3400 – CompTIA Net+
- CIS 3700 – CompTIA Server+
- CIS 3800 – Microsoft Exam 70-742 (part of the MCSE series)
- CIS 3980 – CompTIA Security+ or CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional)
- CIS 4080 – Essentials of Cloud
- CIS 4220 – Cisco CCENT or Cisco CCNA
- CIS 4230 – Cisco CCNA
NOTE: While a student may be awarded credit for the above classes, he or she must still complete at least 50% of his or her School of Business classes at Northwestern State University. If awarded “CR” for these classes, they will not count towards that 50%.
To contact the Coordinator of Computer Information Systems, please e-mail email@example.com, call 318-357-5033, or visit Russell Hall 114E.
For information on testing for certifications, please visit Current CIS Students, and click on the “Certification Testing” tab.
As a Cisco Network academy, we offer courses directly aimed at the Cisco CCNA certification. Students take courses in networking and hardware aimed at passing this industry standard. A lab is provided that allows students hands on experience with routers and switches, as well as software for online students in a virtual lab. A testing center on campus can administer the CCNA exam.