Faculty & Staff Resources
All submitted application documentation is transferred to the appropriate academic department for review.
Your application will be forwarded to the appropriate department for review. If the application is approved you will be placed in the respective department’s adjunct faculty pool. You will then be contacted by the academic department or by the Office of Electronic and Continuing Education as adjunct teaching positions become available.
Please note that being placed in the adjunct faculty pool does not ensure employment. Since enrollment varies from semester-to-semester, teaching positions are assigned on an as needed basis; and, instructors are notified as assignments become available.
If selected to teach a course, the academic department will contact the potential adjunct faculty member to discuss the employment contract.
The applicant will then proceed with the instructions provided in the Adjunct Introductory Resources & Information Toolkit.
The academic department provides all academic support and course materials.
The Office of Electronic and Continuing Education provides technical assistance as requested.
- Louisiana Board of Regents Policies
- National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges Best Practices
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges Policies and Publications
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, Distance and Correspondence Education
- Southern Regional Education Board
- Southern Regional Electronic Board Principles of Good Practice
- Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education
Departmental Guidelines These policies and procedures apply to courses delivered electronically at Northwestern State University.
Proctoring Policy: This policy applies to electronic learning courses at Northwestern State University.
Course Enrichment Tools
Viewers in Google Chrome: If audio continues after the video window is closed, refresh this page.
For WebEx and Moodle tutorials and additional educational resources please visit our Professional Development page.