Evaluation of Foreign Academic Credentials

· · Evaluation of Foreign Academic Credentials
Evaluation of Foreign Academic Credentials 2018-10-11T15:09:04+00:00

Foreign credentials refer to transcripts from secondary or post-secondary educational institutions outside the United States, regardless of the country of citizenship, immigrant status, or visa status.

Prospective undergraduate and graduate students with educational backgrounds from outside the United States need to have their foreign credentials evaluated accurately to be admitted at Northwestern State University.

Northwestern State University does not provide in-house evaluations. Prospective students must select a credential evaluation service provider and have the evaluation sent directly to the Undergraduate Admissions office or Graduate Admissions office.

What service do you need to request?

  • For Freshman admission a Document-by-Document evaluation with cumulative grade point average is required.
  • For Undergraduate Transfer and Graduate Studies Admission, a course-by-course evaluation is required.

You only need to select one service.


  • American Association of College Registrars & Admissions Officers (AACRAO)

Website: https://www.aacrao.org/

  • Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.

Website:  https://www.ece.org/ECE

  • Foreign Credentials Services of America

Website: http://foreigncredentials.org/

  • Global Credential Evaluators, Inc.

Website:  www.gceus.com

  • International Academic Credential Evaluator, Inc.

Website: https://www.iacei.net/

  • Josef Silny & Associates, Inc. International Education Consultants

Website:  www.jsilny.com

  • World Education Services, Inc.

Website:  www.wes.org

  • Northwestern State University will also accept foreign credential evaluations from any current member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). For a list of current NACES members visit:  http://www.naces.org/members.html